In order to plan and implement these exciting initiatives through the Shepherd's Center of Lexington we need your help and involvement.
Please contact email@example.com to share your ideas or if you have any questions.
- Community leadership and advocacy training for older adults. Check out these examples: Vital Aging Network's Evolve Program, Third Age Initiative of Leadership Greater Hartford, Leadership Asheville Seniors
- Special events like luncheon/seminar programs
- Synchronous and asynchronous online lifelong learning programs
- Inter-generational projects especially helping children at-risk. Check out this link for great examples: Generations United, Temple University Intergenerational Program
- Educational travel programs (locally, statewide, nationally, and internationally). See example on this link
- TeleLearn could be a pilot program to test diverse technologies to engage home bound elderly (lifelong learning, health education, and support groups) to mitigate the serious problems of social isolation. Check out these links for examples: Dorot's University Without Walls, Senior Center Without Walls, Gerontechnology Program at Pace University
- Healthy Aging project (e.g., exercise and healthy eating, positive aging, healthy brain, hearing health, preventing falls, safe driving, etc.). Check out Congregational Nurse and Health Ministry Program and this resource.
- Entrepreneurship for older adults. Check out this link
- Lexington/Midlands Chautauqua. Check out these links: Greenville Chautauqua and Chautauqua Trail
- Planning/Final Wishes. Check out Begin the Conversation